How to Link Aadhaar With Pan Card:-The good news is that you can now link your PAN and Aadhaar before March 31, 2023, allowing the former to continue functioning. You had to do the same by March 31, 2020, in the past. However, the deadline was extend until September 30, 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic’s onset in that year. The time was then moved up to March 31, 2023. Additionally, you will now have until March 31, 2023, to link your Aadhaar to your PAN Card. This indicates that you still have time to complete the necessary tasks.
How to Link Aadhaar With Pan Card
The PAN card and Aadhaar must be linked by the Income Tax Department. The PAN card will cease to be valid, as stated in the government advisory, if the two identification cards are not link by March 31, 2023. Access to PAN-relate services and the filing of income tax returns will be restricted.
“It is require. Link it right away, don’t wait! Before March 31, 2023, it is required by the I-T Act for all PAN holders who are not exempt to link their permanent account numbers (PAN) with Aadhaar. The I-T Department’s public advisory states, “The unlinked PAN shall become inoperative from April 1, 2023.” You can check the status of your Aadhaar and PAN linking online and via SMS. You can read the step-by-step guide here to determine whether or not your PAN and Aadhaar are linked.
How to Link Aadhaar With Pan Card Details
|Name||Link Aadhaar With Pan Card|
|Category||How To Guide|
Check Also:- GCET Admit Card Download Date
Learn more about Aadhaar Card & PAN Card Linking & Requirements
It is essential that you have receive messages from your banks regarding this new mandate because you are looking for ways to link your Aadhaar card to your PAN card online.
The date of linking the PAN and the Aadhaar Card has been extend to March 31, 2023 instead of March 31, 2022. Therefore, congratulations if you have already complete your PAN-Aadhaar link! If not, please read our guide to learn what might happen if the process is delay beyond this date. Also, learn about the linking procedure and why you should start it right away.
Can Check:-MP Ration Card List 2023
Why is it important to link Aadhaar to PAN Card?
- You might ask, “What is the significance of establishing the link between PAN and Aadhaar?”
- The reasons why linking PAN and Aadhaar is so important are listed below.
- You can avoid the risk of having your PAN card deactivate by completing this procedure.
- You won’t be able to submit your income tax returns if your PAN card is inactive.
- For your future reference, you can gain access to a comprehensive list of all taxes that are deduct from your Unique Identification Number.
- Authorities no longer have to deal with the hassles of issuing multiple PAN cards to the same taxpayer after successful PAN-Aadhaar linking.
Now, you might be wondering if you belong to the group of people who are require to comply with this mandate at all costs. We also have a solution for that.
Can Check:- TANCET Answer Key
Process to Link Aadhaar to PAN Card
Every individual who has taxable income is require to link their Aadhaar and PAN cards. Although the government previously grant a few extensions to link the Aadhaar card to a PAN card, there are now essentially three ways to do so. They are as follows:
Register for an account on the Income Tax e-filing website if you do not already have one. Your User ID is now your PAN. Follow the instructions up until step 3 of the procedure for checking the success status. Follow the steps list below from here.
- A form with pre-filled fields like gender, name, and date of birth in accordance with PAN card details will appear on the subsequent screen.
- Before entering your Aadhaar number, verify that these details match those on your Aadhaar card.
- If your Aadhaar only contains your birth year, select the box label “I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card.”
- Enter the captcha code correctly or request OTP verification.
- Choose the option to “Link Now.”
And presto! A pop-up message will inform you that the PAN-Aadhaar linking was successful.
Can Check:-Jagananna Amma Vodi Login
Individuals can also check the status of their PAN-Aadhaar link or enable the process via mobile SMS from the Income Tax department. You only need to do:
- Type “UIDPAN <12-digit Aadhaar number> <10-digit PAN>”.
- Use your register mobile number to send this SMS to 56161 or 567678.
If you are not already linked, you will receive a message confirming successful linking, just like you would during the online process. If you don’t, you’ll get a message saying that your documents already have an association. Keep in mind that these procedures frequently fail to link a PAN card with Aadhaar. This occurs when the names and other similar information in these two documents do not match. Before linking the Aadhaar card to the PAN card, you must therefore add such information to both documents.
The only part of the manual procedure is filling out the “Annexure-I” form by going to a PAN card service center. Then, send the form and a copy of your PAN and Aadhaar cards. In contrast to the online procedure, you will be require to manually link your Aadhaar card and PAN by paying a predetermine fee.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar to PAN Card
Several individuals may view this legal requirement to link the Aadhaar card to the PAN card as an unnecessary hassle. However, this procedure has particular advantages for both the authorities and the individual taxpayers involve.
- When compare to PAN ID, Aadhaar identification covers a remarkable number of individuals. By prioritizing the former, more taxpayers who are eligible for tax benefits are cover.
- Tax evasion was primarily cause by individuals using multiple PAN cards. By making it difficult for people to cause this discrepancy by using fictitious PAN cards, linking Aadhaar to the PAN card helps close this loophole.
- As a result, the Income Tax department has access to an effective audit trail that keeps track of the IT returns that are filed sequentially. Taxpayers who are dishonest can say goodbye to all the black money.
- Here is a list of the conveniences this procedure provides to individual taxpayers.
- The IT department no longer requires your electronic signature or return filing receipt. Your ITR filing will be validate automatically by your Aadhaar e-verification.
- If you follow this new mandate and file your ITR in a timely manner, the IRS is more likely to reduce your TDS rates on earn interest and expedite your refunds.
Read Also:- NHM Uttarakhand Recruitment
How to check if my PAN Card is linked with Aadhaar?
When you first heard about the Aadhaar link to PAN card mandate, probably the first thing that came to mind was the question pose above. If you have been submitting tax returns for a while, there is a good chance that the department of income tax has already link the information on both cards.
- Visit the official portal for e-filing income taxes https://www.incometax.gov.in/.
- Use your User ID, birthdate, and password to log in to your online account.
- Select the tab label “Profile Settings.” From the drop-down menu, select “Link Aadhaar.”
- Click “View Link Aadhaar Card Status” after entering your Aadhaar and PAN numbers on the subsequent screen.
Related post :-